Sunday, November 15, 2009

Can a hot oil fade away hair color?

So like a week ago, I dyed my hair red and today I got a hot oil. While I was rinsing my hair in the bathtub, I noticed that the water sort of had a light reddish tint and I freaked out. Was it taking out some of my hair dye? Was it making my hair fade? Please, help me out. I love my red hair and I don't want it to fade. Thanks.



Can a hot oil fade away hair color?

Yes, It will do that but it should not be enough to ruin the color.



Can a hot oil fade away hair color?

No. More likely its your shampoo. You need a colour retaining one. Ohhh and red is the worst colour for leeching when washing.



Can a hot oil fade away hair color?

No, soap washes away color. That's why



color-treating/damaged hair shampoos are moisterizing.



Can a hot oil fade away hair color?

Probably, since oil penetrates through your hair.



Also, red dye fades a lot quicker and easier, so it was probably just the hot water opening up your hair cuticles.



Can a hot oil fade away hair color?

yes, and red is the coolest awesome color (just love it), but the quickest to fade!



Can a hot oil fade away hair color?

I use it all the time and my hair is auburn and it never fades.



Can a hot oil fade away hair color?

yeah, it strips the color.



usually on the dye boxes it'll warn you about hot oil treatments.



Can a hot oil fade away hair color?

Yeah, the oil might make hair fade. I would find one that is specifically deigned for color-treated hair. There are lots of deep conditioners that don't strip color. Frederic Fekkai makes some good ones, check him out on sephora.com.



Can a hot oil fade away hair color?

hi, I 'm a hairdresser of 40 yrs exp. red hair color is the hardest to banish and the easiest to fade. the hot oil should have had nothing to do with ur color. unless it was commercial. professional oil treatments will not "pull" color! if after you have color applied and wish to keep it longer without fading , then purchase a packet of "NEUTRAL HENNA" from a local beauty supply . apply it the same day at home after your color application . (in salon" costs upto $70.) urs will cost $4.75 . Henna is TOTALLY ORGANIC ! activated with "hot water" , follow the SIMPLE directions! Henna washes out over the course of 6 wks. So by the time your ready for a maintenance "touch-up" IT WILL BE GONE , READY FOR UR FRESH COLOR TOUCH-UP. It SHINES ur hair , gives it more body and retards pigment fading so ur red stays redder longer.If there is any CLEAR Henna left in the bowl ? smear whats left on your face like a mask. let them both sit for 30 min. then wash off with hot water in the shower. the mask cleans the pores!like a SPA face mask.



PS. be sure to go to a dollar store and buy a gross of cheap sun glasses and hand them out to ur friends or the police will arrest you for attempting to blind people! (you'll be THAT shiny!) :).

No comments:

Post a Comment